Last year gave local girls Perrie Edwards and Jade Thirlwall plenty to celebrate with yet another number one single, their highest album to date and a Teen Choice Award to their name.
Now it has been revealed that Little Mix sold more albums than One Direction in the UK last year.
While the girls’ third album, Get Weird may not have reached number one as 1D’s Made in the AM, it has sold more copies to date, placing it at # 11 in the UK bestseller list for 2015, with boys at 14.
Unsurprisingly, Adele’s 25 finished at the top of the list, having sold over two million copies in just a few weeks.
Two albums released in 2014, Ed Sheeran’s X and Sam Smith’s In The Lonely Hour occupy second and third places with Elvis Presley sneaking up to number 4 with If I Can Dream, the album that beat Little Mix to the top when ‘they both came out at the end of November.
The full list is as follows:
1.25 – Adele
2.x – Ed Sheeran
3. In the Lonely Hour – Sam Smith
4. If I Can Dream – Elvis Presley
5. Goal – Justin Bieber
6. 1989 – Taylor Swift
7. I cry when I laugh – Jess Glynne
8. Chaos and calm – James Bay
9. A Head Full of Dreams – Coldplay
10. Wanted while traveling – George Ezra
11. Get Weird – Little Mix
12. Hozier – Hozier
12. Never Been Better – Olly Murs
14. Made in the morning – One Direction
15. The Wild Spirit – Mumford & Sons